How about cherries roasted in Pinot Noir, drizzled over Hazelnut Torte? Put this with the Tupari Pinot Noir and enjoy the flavour fusion - spice, cherries, a rich & creamy taste sensation!
Chocolate Hazelnut Torte with Pinot Roasted Cherries
- 400 gm Sugar
- 400 gm Butter
- 400 gm Roasted & Shelled Hazelnuts
- 400 gm Chocolate
- 10 x Eggs
- Cream the Sugar with the Soft Butter
- Add the Melted Chocolate
- Stir in the Eggs
- Fold through the Hazelnuts
- Bake for approximately 75 minutes on 150°C
- Let cool down properly and portion.
HOT TIP: Bake the cake a day in advance is best, so it can rest and cool down properly.
Pinot Roasted Cherries
- 500 gm Cherries, Pitted
- 2 x Glass of Pinot Noir
- Half a Vanilla Bean, split in half lengthwise
- 1 Star Anise
- Half a cup of Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
Combine all the ingredients and roast in the oven on 160°C for about 40 minutes, stir every 5 to 10 minutes
Serve a Piece of Torte with the Cherries and a Dollop of Cream.
Enjoy and share with your loved ones!