Oh deer! This is a recipe not to be missed, paired with our lovely Sauvignon Blanc this dish will have your taste buds excited!
- Venison loin
- Oil & Salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 Fennel bulbs
- 500gm Goats Amore Yoghurt (remove from fridge so it is not cold)
- 1 cup of Tupari Sauvignon Blanc
- 25gm Butter
- 25gm Flour
- 3 cloves garlic
Method 1 of 2
- Chop fennel and thyme. Saute on a high heat until caramelised.
- Heat butter, oil and sliced garlic until starting to bubble.
- Add flour and cook until bubbling all over.
- Remove from heat.
- While whisking briskly to prevent overheating (and separation) add half the bottle of Goats Amore yoghurt.
- Mix the wine into the remaining yoghurt and desired consistency is achieved
- Fennel sprigs
- Smoked almonds
Method 2 of 2
- Slice venison, place fennel around, drizzle with sauce and garnish with chopped smoked almonds and a few small, fresh sprigs of fennel.
Enjoy and share with your loved ones!