We have paired up with the amazing Marlborough Shellfish company Omega Seafoods to bring you this delicious recipe. They featured on Country Calendar not long ago - if you didn't catch it it is worth checking out, their products come from one of the most spectacular places in NZ, the Marlborough Sounds.
This is a must try recipe that will get your taste buds humming and it's paired perfectly with our 2022 Pinot Gris.
Creamy Garlic Chilli Mussels
- 2kg of Omega Seafoods Mussels
- 1 shallot (or small onion) - finely diced
- 1 red capsicum - finely diced
- 1 red chilli - finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 cup of Tūpari Pinot Gris
- 1/2 cup cream or coconut cream
- 1/4 cup of parsley - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of Fish Sauce
- Juice and Rind of 1 lemon
- Heat oil in a large pot which has a lid.
- Add in the shallot, capsicum, chilli and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, till softened.
- Increase the heat and add the mussels (including 1/2 cup of the stock within the bags) and wine to the pot. Cover the pot and bring to a simmer for a few minutes. Letting the mussels heat through.
- Finish by stirring through cream, parsley, lemon and fish sauce. Place the mussels and the broth into individual bowls and serve with a nice crusty bread!