Introducing our Mulled Recipe. This traditional homemade mulled wine recipe is incredibly easy to make and always SO cozy and delicious.
- 1 x 750ml bottle of Tūpari Pinot Noir
- 2/3 cup of white or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of Brandy or Rum
- 1 cup of water
- 6 to 8 cloves
- 3 or 4 star anise *(optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod - (cut lengthways)
- Orange peel from 1 large orange
- Add the water and sugar into a ‘stainless steel’ saucepan and place over a low heat.
- Cut the zest off an orange with a sharp paring knife or vegetable peeler so that only the orange peel is removed. If some of the bitter white pith is still attached to the zest, cut it off and discard.
- Lightly pound the slices of zest with the back of a knife or a wooden- mallet to release the aromatic oils. Add the zest to the mix. Squeeze the rest of the orange juice in too.
- Add the remaining ingredients, spices and Brandy (or Rum) and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the bottle of wine and stir occasionally, over a period of approx. 20- 30mins. Do not let the wine come to an "aggressive" boil.
- Lower the heat and let the mulled wine gently simmer for 5-10 minutes; then it is ready to serve.
- Shut off the heat and ladle the mulled-wine out into mugs or heat tempered glass, leaving the seasoning pieces behind.
- Garnish - (some use a slice of orange, and a cinnamon stick etc...)
Enjoy and share with your loved ones!