Introducing... Chef Sander from Karaka Cuisine explores wine matching... with a twist!
This month he has created a Lemon & Ricotta Cake with Tupari Dry Riesling, trust us when we say that this is absolutely fool proof, easy to make and way too easy to eat!
Lemon & Ricotta Cake
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 200g softened butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs (seperated)
- Zest of 3 lemons
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup ricotta
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp Taylor Pass Honey
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat an oven to 170C. Line a 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and ½ cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, zest and juice, mixing through.
- Stir through the ricotta, then sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Beat the egg whites until fluffy and add the sugar, beating through. Fold into the batter gently until combined. Pour into the cake tin and place into the oven for 45 minutes. Remove and cool in the tin.
- Put 3 Tbsp of honey and the rosemary in a pot, add a splash of Tupari Dry Riesling wine and reduce for 10 minutes until slightly thickened and cool down.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, we used Little River Yoghurt and A reduction of Taylor Pass Honey with Rosemary.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Enjoy and share with your loved ones!