It's near harvest time here at Tupari and we couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than to share one of our favourite harvest recipes with you!
Harvest Grape Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cups of Soft Brown Sugar
- 50g Butter (Soft)
- 4 tbsp Flaxbourne Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Lemon rind
- 1 tspn Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 cups of small grapes (harvest thinnings red, green or both)
- 3/4 cups of Tupari Riesling or Pinot Gris
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Oil and line baking tin
- Sift flour, salt and baking sode into a bowl
- In a seperate bowl, beat the sugar, butter and olive oil
- Beat eggs, lemon rind and vanilla into the sugar mixture
- Alternate folding the flour the mixture and the wine into the sugar mixture, mix until smooth after each addition
- Pour batter into tin
- Sprinkle graps over the top
- Bake for 45mins at 200c until a skewer comes out clean
- Cool on a wire rack but it is best eaten warm from the oven!
Enjoy and share with your loved ones!